Friday, December 4, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 11 and 12

Week 11
I wasn't in class for this week. However, I watched the video off the calendar called The Story of Stuff with Annie Leonard. This was an incredibly informative video! I can't believe that 1/3 of the planets natural resources have been consumed, and 40% of the water ways in the U.S. have become undrinkable. If every country in the the World used resources like we do, it would tale 3 to 5 planets to support us, that's disgusting. Actually almost everything from this video completely disgusting, such as that man that decided after WWII to try and change the economy to basically just be revolved around buying, buying, and more buying. And then throwing away almost everything we do buy with in 6 months of purchasing it.
I also posted for my eco-chic lifestyle change which went really well for me that week! Posted about my Advocacy project, which is about increasing the amount of money reimbursed to schools from the state for lunch programs. And I also finished up the book I was reading; Under a Green Sky. 


Week 12
This week we started off talking about our photo essays, and learned about MckLinky blog hops. I really liked seeing everyone's topics that they chose to take pictures of! We also talked about writing a letter to a politcal representative or editor.

3 comments:

  1. I loved the video "Story of Stuff"! I actually showed it to my boyfriend and my mom because I thought it was such a great video and really informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was absent when we watched this video :( wish I couldve seen it..sounds like it was interesting

    ReplyDelete