Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Share and Voice: Roommate Lifestyle Change

A roommate of mine brings a new plastic water bottle everyday to school. I have made a few little comments to her before about what a waste it is, how bad it is for the environment, and that she should get a reusable one. She always has had some type of excuse for why she 'can't have one, such as she gets sick a lot.

But she's getting surgury on her foot this week, and I knew her mom would buy her a couple presents while she's at home. So I was like, "hey! Since you havn't been sick in awhile you should have your mom buy you a Sigg water bottle!" -Because that's what I have. She called me yesterday and told me that she got one! It made me feel really good, because she really does go through more water bottles then anyone I know and little changes like that can make a difference!


This is the one she bought!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, Maggie! What a great suggestion that resulted in getting her a bottle that she will hopefully use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Very cool that you could make that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! It is cool that you can influence other peoples environmental impact as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete