Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change: Week 7

My SMART goal for this was the same as last week, "I will use a reusable bag everytime I go to the grocery store or Target." This week went much better. I did go to Target once and didn't bring my bag, but that's because I only needed two things so I just carried my items out. I also went to the grocery store once and remembered my bags.

Challenges
This week there weren't as many challenges for me. However, if I would have ended up needing a bag at Target I wouldn't of had one. This is because I rode with a roommate. It's a definite challenge to remember to grab my bags out of my car if I am riding with someone else.

Successes
This week I was able to remember by to put my bags back in my car, and keep them there. After I went to the grocery store this week, I unpacked my grocerys and immediately brought my bag to my car. It makes me feel really good to get back on track and keep up with my goal!

What I Learned
Dr. V had mentioned that Mount Royal takes a little money off your final bill if you have a reusable bag, and that's where I went this week and they did! I don't remember how much, but I think 10 cents or so.

Plans for Next Week
I will keep my goal the same for next week. I will use a reusable bag everytime I go to the grocery store or Target." 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your goal went well this past week! I think there are quite a few stores who are starting to take money off your bill if you are using a reusable bag, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work maggie! Sounds like you are doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete