Monday, October 26, 2009

Eye Opener : Environmental Working Group


Findings:

The Ingredients in this Product are linked to:

- Developmental/reproductive toxicity

- Violations, restriction and warnings

- Allergies/immunotoxicity

- Other concerns for ingredients used in this product: Neurotoxicity, Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Miscellaneous, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Contamination concerns, Occupational hazards, Biochemical or cellular level changes

What it Means to Me:

I can't believe the harm that some of the ingredients in my deodorant can cause! It's scary because I obviously use my deodorant every single day, if not twice a day! Like developmental and reproductive toxicity, just from putting something under my armpits... Crazy! This makes me want to look into another, more natural, deodorant. Out of 10 this product was ranked a 5, not absolutely terrible but definite room for improvment. In my ingredient list what ranked the highest was the fragrance, which scored an 8. It can cause neurotoxicity, allergies/immunotoxicity, and some miscellaneous concerns. I think the next time i buy deodorant I'll be looking into a fragrance product!

3 comments:

  1. My deodarant was one of the first items that I checked, and mine was just as bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its weird to think that something that we have been told to us, and has been accepted for so long has the possibility to harm us...

    ReplyDelete