Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2: Weekly Update




SMART goal is to use a reusable bag everytime I go grocery shopping.
I did really well with it the past week! I brought a bag with me every time I went to the grocery store. However, once I only brought in one of my bags, and ended up needing two. So i  chose plastic. I went one other time just for a few things and remembered my bags. I also got 10 cents taken off of my bill! :)

The challenge I faced was not remembering to have both of my bags in my car. The strategy I used was that earlier in the day that I knew I was going grocery shopping again, I wrote a reminder note to myself on the white board in my living room.

I felt really great to use my reusable bags! I felt like I could help inspire someone else to use them, by seeing me do it.  My plan for next week is going to remain exactly the same :) Even though it didn't work out perfectly I think it's definitely still an attainable goal.

also: the reusable bags pictured at the top are from Greenraising.com

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 hosted by Eco-Chic with Amy.

4 comments:

  1. Very clever of you to write yourself a reminder note. I think I am going to start doing that as a way to make sure I remember to bring my re-usable water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You are inspiring other people to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job so far!!those pictures of the bags your have are really cute, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem of remembering my reusable bags, until I got a Tote of many colors from Maggie Bags. It is big enough to hold all my groceries, sturdy enough to carry anything I buy and cute enought to remember to take it in with me.

    ReplyDelete