Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

My SMART goal for last week was that "I will use a reusable bag everytime I go to the grocery store or Target." This week was the worst week I've had so far :( . I went grocery shopping twice and BOTH times I didn't have my bags in my car!! The ironic thing is that one of the trips to the grocery store was only to get the stuff I needed to bring the snack to class this past Monday. So annoying. I also never went to Target this week.

Challenges
Obviously this week was a challenge for me. I'm not sure why this week was any different than any other week  but I just could not remember to bring put my bags back in my car. For me, that is by far the most difficult part of this goal.

Strategy
I think so that I can get back on track of being successful with this goal I'm going to need to purchase 1 or 2 more reusable bags. This way the bags can be rotated more easily, and if I happen to forgot to put a couple of the bags back, chances are I'll still have 1 or 2 of them in my car.

Successes
Needless to say, I was very unsuccessful this week.

What I learned
 I mostly learned this week that I actually felt really guilty that I didn't use my bags. When I got home and put the plastic bags from the grocery store into my house's little pile of other bags we have accumulated I felt soo bad. I think that this will really help me to be successful in achieving next weeks goal.

Next Week
Next week I plan on keeping my goal the same; "I will use a reusable bag everytime I go to the grocery store or Target." I am confident that next week will go more smoothly!

3 comments:

  1. I just keep one in my car..and have a couple around my house, so that no matter what I've always got one when I go to the store. Good luck with the upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel guilty when I forget my bags too...Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete